Thursday, March 27, 2008

Il Pirata


It was Easter. And my cousin (who just finished his nursing degree) was in town. So we met up at SM Mega Mall's Toy Kingdom before heading to Eastwood City's Il Pirata.

I first went there last year a few weeks after it first opened. I got to meet the owner's son (i remember Diona and I talked about him a little). What is unique to this place is that it looks like you are inside a pirate ship. Some may not like the novelty of the idea since it serves Italian food (but who says there can't be any Italian pirate ships ;P) But I like the food.

While there, we saw Paolo Contis, Isabel Oli and Keempee De Leon in another table.

Anyway, my cousin who is a professional dubber, has added script writing/editing (he translates and edits scripts of television series) as part of his bread and butter. He was convincing me to edit scripts. But when I found out how much they get paid vs the time they spend to edit, I was appalled! I'd rather stick to print, thank you. We joked about the writers' strike in the states, that we should probably also do the same here. But then, we are not as organized here.

Oh. A bucket with pizza at Il Pirata is P270 (from what I can remember).

No comments: