Monday, April 21, 2008

Dinner with a Baron

Last Saturday, had dinner with a Baron and his Filipina wife in a village near the airport. He was 80+ but was still very strong he actually set the table (he did 12 or 20 laps earlier that day).

It was a nice meal and being born to a wine-making family, it was expected that he was a lover of wines. It was amazing though that before we ate dinner, he was having a bottle of San Miguel Pale Pilsen. During the meal, he had two (or three) glasses of red wine. And after, he made coffee for himself and for everyone. His wife served lemoncillo, lemon liquer. It was the first time I had one and my! it was such a strong drink. She said it aids digestion. I thought, the acid might as well do some good.

I found a lemoncillo recipe which seems very doable.

There were three women and two men in this table. Two couples and myself, a single person. I felt weird that I was there. It was a good thing though that I was leaving for a cruise the next day which kept me from thinking about why am I still single.

No comments: